Must be 21 years of age or older. Background check, credit report check, and drug testing are required. Click on job title above for a complete job description.
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist/Administrator
Reports to: VP – Director of Human Resources
United is one of Atlanta’s largest privately held companies and one of the top volume beverage distributors in the United States. United and its affiliated entities operate throughout Georgia and Alabama with over 1,250 associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility will be to work together with the Director of Human Resources throughout all functions within the Human Resources department. The specific duties and responsibilities may include, without limitation, the following:
- Administers broad range of human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual; prepares and assists managers in preparation of disciplinary documentation and procedures related thereto; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; manages and assists in employee relations, safety and training of managers and personnel.
- Develops and maintains workers’ compensation program and files and other records, reports and logs related thereto.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program and files and other records, reports and logs related thereto. Maintains compliance program with federal and state regulations concerning employment for all personnel. Maintains job description and job posting requirements related to all personnel.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems, and attends applicable personnel meetings and seminars. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department.
- Assists in processing payroll and 401(k) administration for all company personnel.
- Assists in maintaining and following procedures and policies for recruitment activities and interviews and for the company’s performance evaluation and career path programs.
- Assists in and maintains Department of Labor unemployment benefits files and other records, reports and logs related thereto.
- Assists in employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assists in administering health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations, including processing required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists in conducting new employee orientations and follow-up communications to ensure associates gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels associates (and potential associates/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development or equivalent field of study. At least five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Demonstrated evidence of continued training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and development.
Preferred Candidate will possess:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or equivalent field of study or at least ten years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Critical Skill Sets:
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Proven knowledge and experience in effective administration of workers compensation program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (literacy and fluency in Spanish a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executive management that provides company leadership and direction.
- High competency with payroll systems software, database management and other human resource information record keeping systems and excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access). Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Human Resources Generalist/Administrator’s position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.